Would Lyric Fit Your Lifestyle?
Wearing traditional hearing aids can really affect your day-to-day activities and quality of life. From the hearing devices to the accessories, there is just more to manage and maintain. Lyric, on the other hand, allows you to live the full life you’re accustomed to.
Lyric is the world’s first and only 100% invisible hearing aid that delivers natural sound. Unlike any other hearing aid available on the market, this tiny state-of-the-art hearing technology remains hidden out of sight and out of mind, so you can enjoy an active lifestyle with more confidence and a full, natural sound quality.
While traditional hearing aids capture and process sound outside of the ear, Lyric uses the natural anatomy of the ear to amplify and give you a full, natural listening experience.
Because Lyric is placed in the ear canal near the eardrum by one of our trained doctors of audiology, it is invisible to others.
Benefits of Lyric:
100% Invisible – Placed in your ear canal, Lyric remains completely out of sight – invisible to the world.
Clear, Natural Sound – Enjoy full, natural sound everywhere you go.
24/7 Hearing – Wear Lyric around the clock for months at a time without taking it out through daily activities such as exercising or even showering. (Keep in mind, Lyric is water resistant, not completely waterproof, so it should not be completely submerged underwater.)
Additionally, recent research shows that Lyric helps reduce or alleviate tinnitus in patients, allowing them peace of mind, better sleep and improved quality of life. (Reference footnotes at the end of the blog.)
Lyric is an ideal option for people who lead an active lifestyle.
- Can be worn in most situations – numerous sports and activities, sleeping, wearing ear phones, with a helmet or in the shower (as long as it’s not submerged)
- Easy to use – once it’s fitted you can enjoy quality hearing for months at a time
- Maintenance free – no batteries to change
More Facts About Lyric – is it the Right Hearing Device For You?
- Lyric is designed to fit mild to moderately-severe hearing loss.
- It is made from a soft biocompatible material designed to contour to the ear canal and ensure natural ventilation and stable, comfortable placement.
- It doesn’t require surgical insertion. It is placed in the ear canal and programmed by one of our doctors of audiology, a Certified Lyric Provider, in our office. The initial sizing and fitting process for Lyric takes about one hour.
- If necessary, you can remove it on your own. Once you’ve been fitted with Lyric, your audiologist will give you a tool called the SoundLync™ that can be used to take the device out or adjust the volume. However, Lyric is not designed to be reinserted once removed. You would have to go back to your provider for a replacement.
- You can continue to use external headphones and external hearing protection.
- It can be worn while talking on a mobile or fixed-line phone.
- It is water resistant, not waterproof. Therefore, underwater swimming and diving are not recommended. However, Lyric can be worn in the shower or during water activities in which the head is not fully submerged under water. Speak to your audiologist about protecting your devices during water activities, as swim molds can be worn with Lyric.
- You can fly on airplanes while wearing Lyric.
- You will not set off any metal detectors wearing Lyric. The metal components are too small to be detected.
- Lyric must be removed before you have an MRI but is fine to wear during an X-ray or CT scan. However, be sure to inform the physician and/or technician about the Lyric device. Your Lyric provider will replace your devices after an MRI.
If you are inspired to fit Lyric into your lifestyle and start hearing clearly again, we encourage you to set up an evaluation with one of our doctors of audiology. Lyric is not suitable for everyone, so discussing it with one of our Lyric providers to determine if Lyric is right for you, is key. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
J Henry et al (2016) Randomized control trial: Extended wear vs conventional vs combination
devices for tinnitus. J Am Acad Audiol 00:1-16.
Power D. (2018) Is Lyric an effective option for tinnitus? Investigating the benefits of a hearing aid that can be worn 24/7 (submitted for peer review publication.)