Well established medical Institute in Newport Beach invites you to join our team as a Billing Associate. This exciting full-time opportunity offers learning and growth within the company for a caring professional who would like to develop his/her skills and knowledge in healthcare while making a difference in patients’ lives.
Positive attitude, self-motivation, and a desire for personal growth are requirements for this position. This person will be responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payment and submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following, but is not limited to;
- Preferably experienced in a healthcare setting.
- Warm outgoing personality, with the ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to operate multi-line telephone system.
- Requires good grooming, and dress habits which reflect a professional image.
- Enters charges in accordance with Executive Director and/or Billing Manager’s Instructions.
- Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of patients consistent with HIPAA guidelines/regulations: assure patient confidentiality at all times.
- Must have computer knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Able to type routine correspondence and reports using personal computer.
- Collects and post fees according to protocols; prepare and balance daily financial registers and submit all forms and fees to the appropriate department.
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper (mail). Follow up on claim status.
- Verify patient eligibility and benefit information.
- Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and preferred six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent phone etiquette and able to interact with people in a pleasant professional manner at all times
- Quick learner/ Self-starter/ Able to work independently and approach tasks with a positive attitude
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Strong computer skills with an in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and think on your feet
- Must be punctual and reliable
Please include cover letter, resume with salary history. APPLICANTS WITHOUT SALARY HISTORY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
- Location: Newport Beach, CA
- Compensation: DOE – $ per hour
- Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Paid Holidays