Who Can Benefit from Referrals to Newport-Mesa Audiology Balance and Ear Institute?
- Disabling and severe imbalance without obvious explanation
- History of vertigo or dizziness with resulting falls, especially the elderly
- Vertigo or dizziness that is unresponsive to typical forms of medical management, either acute or chronic
- Normal electronystagmography (ENG) or videonystagmography (VNG) testing with continuing dizziness and imbalance
- Gait or balance disorders in patients during neurologic evaluation
- Progressive rigidity or spasticity
- Persistent symptoms following chemotherapy, aminoglycoside therapy or inner ear surgery